Monday, August 11, 2008

Kindergarten Blues

Sorry, I haven't blogged in awhile. I have been getting Gabe ready for Kindergarten, yes, Kindergarten. I can't believe he is old enough to be in elementary school. I am a little worried about how he will do. Mind you, this is the kid who got sent home from Pre-K at least once a week. He even got suspended from Pre-K for a day. I hope this school year goes a lot better. He seems to be doing better at home. I think his new therapy tactics are starting to pay off, but still.....school makes me nervous because I am not there to monitor his behavior.

He did get some more ACEOs in the mail the past couple of days. I think he is having fun using them, someimes it is still frustrating for him though. He is not very good with expressing and identifying his emotions. But we did just start this new therapy - so we will see how it goes. Doing his own artwork is helping too. He really likes putting his 'thoughts' onto paper. I am very proud of how far he has come.

I will keep ya'll updated as to how he is doing.

No comments: