Monday, June 9, 2008

Etsy at Christmas Challenge

Calling all Etsians
I need your help and opinions...

This year for Christmas I have decided to purchase all handmade goods. This means tons of fun Etsy shopping!!!

I am calling this my 'Etsy at Christmas' Challenge (after the song 'Someday at Christmas').
I'm not sure if there is already a pledge or anything like this out there, as I am a newbie. But this is what I am doing and it is really important to me. I am boycotting corporate Christmas. I am trying to make Christmas what it is supposed to be - giving beautiful gifts with importance, that mean something, to show people I love them and truly thought of them this year.

I like to start my Christmas shopping early, instead of waiting until the last minute, so I will be starting my challenge NOW!!! To keep myself accountable (and to stave off any mall slipups), I will be keeping track on my blog and myspace. I will list the people I need to purchase gifts for, along with a short description. I will update gifts (along with seller info) as I make purchases.

If you have any good ideas or just want to show off an item, please let me know. I would love to see what items you love and hopefully find some great gifts too. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Send all ideas and such to:
www.myspace.com/threeofwands
or
shopthreeofwands@yahoo.com

And while your at it, go ahead and see if you can do the 'Esty at Christmas' Challenge. Let's see if we all can go handmade this year!!!

No comments: